We're looking for a Configuration Manager to join part of our busy development team.
Essential skills & experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years commercial experience in a software development environment with exposure to the full configuration and release management lifecycle.
- Familiarity with continuous integration concepts, build processes and source control systems such as GIT.
- Be self-organised with an appreciation of the importance of process and a meticulous eye for detail
- Have a willingness and desire to learn new technologies.
- Understand how to effectively diagnose and resolve deployment and release issues.
- Be able to produce technical and workflow documentation relating to the configuration management process.
- Be willing take the initiative and to take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment, overcoming blockers and prioritising tasks between multiple requests.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical people, including commercial clients.
Desirable skills and experience
- Have a decent understanding of how web applications are structured.
- Experience of working within an Agile framework such as SCRUM.
- Willing to contribute to both release management and development strategy and process improvements.
About the role
The salary will be commensurate with experience
How to apply
Send your current CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 204 0499 and ask to speak to our CEO, Mike Rose.