Front End Developer
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join our rapidly expanding Glasgow team.
Essential skills and experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years hands-on commercial experience in a software development role with exposure to the full software development life cycle.
- Have an appreciation of back-end technologies and how to interact with them, e.g. via RESTful APIs or other means.
- Produce robust code that satisfies the needs of requirement specifications whilst maintaining an attention to detail.
- Understand how to ensure application performance and scalability.
- Understand how to effectively debug code, diagnose issues and resolve them.
- Be willing take the initiative and to take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment, overcoming blockers and prioritising tasks between multiple requests.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical people, including commercial clients.
Desirable skills and experience
- Familiarity with client-side tooling such as Webpack or NPM.
- Familiarity with continuous integration concepts, build processes and source control systems such as GIT.
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Willing to contribute to development and project process and strategy.
- Familiarity with CMS platforms.
About the role
The salary will be commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Send your current CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0141 204 0499 and ask to speak to our CEO, Mike Rose.