Junior QA Analyst
We're looking for a Junior QA Analyst to join part of our busy development team.
We are on the lookout for someone who likes to break things, and enjoys doing it. An individual who loves putting themselves in place of the end user, walking through the customer journey, meticulous in their approach and, well… a perfectionist.
User Acceptance testing (or UAT for short), as a big part of your overall role. You will be testing and signing off websites ready for launch. You'll be working with a team of designers, developers and marketers, whose sole responsibility is to ensure that our websites maintain the high standards that our customers have come to expect.
You'll be working with various people across the business from designers to developers to product specialists to ensure that every piece of the puzzle is in place before we unleash new content and functionality onto our sites.
You will need to be a "self-starter" with excellent communication and time management skills, general technical knowledge and the desire to grow their skills and involvement within the business. Strong problem-solving skills and a methodical approach are also essential.
Role & Responsibilities
- Plan and carry out functional, integration, and end-to-end testing of desktop, mobile, and tablet applications.
- Raise defects using JIRA as our defect-tracking tool.
- Plan and execute manual integration, regression, browser compatibility tests.
- Execute ad-hoc functional testing on request and providing sign-off
- Report test results to the QA lead and Project Manager
- Working with the wider team to develop automated testing processes
- Managing bug tracking software and assignment of tasks along with priority levels
- Excellent communication skills as you will be communicating directly with clients on a day-to-day basis, face-to-face, phone and screen share.
- Effectively communicate issues and concerns to developers, designers, IT and other business areas.
Desirable skills and attributes required
- 1+ years experience within a testing role
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- The ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- The hunger to learn and work on your own initiative, but also have the people skills to be part of a team
- You must have strong computer literacy skills and an interest in technology, always keeping up to date with the latest trends.
- Basic knowledge of any Programming language
About the role
The salary will be commensurate with experience
How to apply
Send your current CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 204 0499 and ask to speak to our CEO, Mike Rose.