Senior Software Developer
You are an accomplished software engineer with experience of using Microsoft technologies to develop flexible and robust web sites.
Essential skills and experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 5 years hands-on commercial experience in a software development role with exposure to the full software development life cycle.
- Have a solid knowledge and understanding of ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft Web API, C# and SQL Server combined with a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Produce robust code that satisfies the needs of requirement specifications.
- Understand how to ensure application performance and scalability.
- Understand how to effectively debug code, diagnose issues and resolve them.
- Be willing take the initiative and to take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Be willing to mentor more junior members of the development team.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment, overcoming blockers and prioritising tasks between multiple requests.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical people, including commercial clients.
Desirable skills and experience
- Familiarity with continuous integration concepts, build processes and source control systems such as GIT.
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Willing to contribute to development and project process and strategy.
- Familiarity with the Umbraco CMS platform.
Competitive, subject to experience.
How to apply
Send your current CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com or call 0141 204 0499 and ask to speak to our CEO, Mike Rose.